Pros & Cons
- Easy to use interface and great search options.
- Lots of active members, so you’re sure to find someone who’s a good match for you.
- Offers helpful advice on how to make the most out of your online dating experience.
- Limited search options
- Fewer users than other sites
- Profiles are not very detailed
- Can be difficult to find compatible matches
- Not as many features as other dating sites
Well, if you’re looking for a gay dating site that won’t leave you feeling frustrated and disappointed, Gayfriendfinder isn’t it. The profiles are public so anyone can view them – not ideal if privacy is important to you! You can set a custom bio but there’s no way of hiding your location info which makes me feel like I’m putting myself out there in the open. There was also no indication of how far away potential matches were from me – making it difficult to narrow down my search options.
The premium subscription didn’t seem worth the money either as all I got was access to some additional features such as being able to send unlimited messages and seeing who viewed my profile (not sure why this would be useful). On top of that, during testing out the site I encountered several fake profiles with photos stolen from other websites – what an absolute waste of time!
All in all, Gayfriendfinder doesn’t cut it when compared with more reputable sites on offer today; its lacklustre user experience leaves much room for improvement. If only they could get their act together…